Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Links you can use

After WorldMovers this past Sunday, a class member stopped me and asked, "Besides World magazine, where can I learn more about the Republican candidates?" So this blog today is in reply to that question.   

But before I answer it, let me respond to a criticism I have received from a fellow Dove Mountaineer, who has alleged that I am too partisan to identify this blog with Dove Mountain Church. For those who are heairng this allegation for the first time, I would simply direct your attention to the disclaimer at the right, which states that I neither speak for the session or for every member of Dove Mountain Presbyterian Church. At the same time, I write to Dove Mountaineers in response to their questions (through WorldMovers and other contacts), and about Dove Mountaineers, as a caring brother joined to the same organ of the Body of Christ.

I reiterate that here, because I am about to provide some links which contain information and views which I cannot fully endorse. The fact that they are all Republican and (mostly) conservative is due to the fact that we already know who the Democrat candidate is going to be in the next general election. Therefore, as a service to my Sunday School class, here are some sources of further information.

For those who are new to this, the words that are colored slightly differentsly are active links, and if you click on them, they will take you directly to a web site.

First, here are the sites for the candidates themselves: Mitch Romney, Newt Gingrich, Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, and Rick Santorum. Bear in mind that these are very partisan in terms of what they say about their own candidate. Nevertheless, I have found many of the biographical details available on these sites to be quite interesting. I should mention also that most of them begin with obnoxious fund-raising appeals, and you may have to click through several pages sometimes to get to the "meat."

Secondly, you can find some analysis of the recent debate on the web sites of these commentators:  Hugh Hewitt, Michael Medved, and Dennis Prager.   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment