Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bible reading in 2012

Eddie Taylor and some friends from Grace Church, Sierra Vista, have been discussing Bible reading plans on their message board this week, in preparation for new disciplines in the new year. I would like to encourage Dove Mountaineers to recommit to the discipline of Bible reading, as well.  Here are a variety of plans to choose from.                                                                                      I'll put in my own plug here for the one identified in the list as Professor Grant Horner's plan. I used it in the 1970's and it was formative in my Christian life. It is time-intensive, but extremely worthwhile. I found it more enjoyable than the usual "read the Bible in one year" and similar plans.



No comments:

Post a Comment