Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's Dancing Day!


Although technically a Christmas Carol, I play this song year round on a CD by the Kiev Symphony.  The lyrics remind me of the delight the Son takes in the Father, and, reciprocally, with the Holy Spirit. Then I delight in the communion we will experience witht the Trinity during divine worship on the Lord's Day.

So, enjoy as you prepare for worship!

Tomorrow shall be my dancing day:
I would my true love did so chance
To see the legend of my play,

Refrain:

To call my true love to my dance:
Sing O my love, O my love, my love, my love;
This have I done for my true love.

Then was I born of a virgin pure,
Of her I took fleshly substance;
Thus was I knit to man's nature,

Refrain

In a manger layed and wrapped I was,
So very poor this was my chance,
Betwixt an ox and a silly poor ass,

Refrain

Then afterwards baptized I was;
The Holy Ghost on me did glance,
My Father's voice heard from above,

To call my true love to my dance:
Sing O my love, O my love, my love, my love;
This have I done for my true love, for my true love.





No comments:

Post a Comment