Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Body of Christ is like a.....Hawaiian Haystack?






Okay, I have some serious things to say about today's sermon later in the week (all good, of course!), but I can't resist illustrating Pastor Allen's opening....illustration! These are just three of the MANY images of Hawaiian Haystacks I found online, and Cooks.com has NO LESS THAN nine recipes for this culinary delight. All pretty similar in the end, they differ over trivialities like what the broth should be made of (just cream of chicken soup, or cream of chicken plus broth, or cream of chickem plus cream of celery, or just broth?) and whether to use slivered almonds, toasted almonds, cashews, or just any nuts! By the way, my friend who moved to Hawaii a few months back has a cashew tree in his yard, so I vote that version to be most authentic!

No comments:

Post a Comment