Saturday, December 12, 2009

I'm back, sort of...




Actually, I've been back for over a week, but it's been hard to get "back in the groove" of writing for the blog. In fact, I may be publishing less frequently than I have in the past; hence the "sort of.." in the title above.

In the photo, I am standing at the door of one of the classrooms I taught in during my two years in Hong Kong, 1968-1970. Many times in the intervening years I wondered if I would ever have the opportunity to ever see this place again. Now that the "ice has been broken," I hold out hope that I may be blessed to visit again in this lifetime.

I have always appreciated the emphasis we have on missions at Dove Mountain, as illustrated with the report on the Peru dental mission we heard in yesterday's service. While I could say much about my trip to Hong Kong, all I will say here is that the persistence of this school, founded by Southern Baptist missionaries in Canton in 1889, is a wonderful testimony to the faithfulness of God. It has responded to many upheavals and political changes with amazing resilience, and continues to be a light for the gospel in east Asia. Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment