Sunday, July 18, 2010

And another reason


Although I cannot endorse everything from this ministry, I would be remiss if I did not admit that some of my understanding of and appreciation for the need for daily repentance on the part of those who are already Christians comes from early exposure (1974) to this book by Basilea Schlink: Repentance - the Joy-filled Life.

"We can praise God for many things, but no exultation on earth can or will surpass the exultation over God's gift of the forgiveness of sins. The song of rejoicing, 'Bless the Lord, O my soul,' resounds not only here on earth, but throughout the heavenly spheres, for there is joy in heaven over one sinner who repents. And if the anthems of praise for all God's goodness to us in this life cease one day, another song will be raised by the heavenly throng above - the song of the Lamb who has borne our sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment