Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finding our way...what lies ahead?


Many thanks to those of you have visited the site and become "followers" already! It's okay to leave comments, too. It is my hope that this can be a source of information and inspiration for all Dove Mountaineers.

You may have noticed the labels under each posting. I will continue to use these categories (and some others, listed below) to keep my own thoughts organized about what has been or could be posted here. These may also be a guide for you as you think of items you would like to suggest for me to add.

Here is a brief explanation of each label:

Boosterism: refers to posts such as this one which promotes or comments on the blog itself.

From the sermon: will provide either direct quotations or other comments related to our Sunday sermons at Dove Mountain.

Nuts and bolts: will be about church "business" - announcements, reminders, reports, etc.

Mountaineers. meet yourselves: Just what it says - an introduction to the families or individuals who make up the Body of Christ at Dove Mountain

Other labels which will be added:

Book reviews: reviews of books which may be of interest to other Dove Mountaineers.

Current events: commentary on the day's news, particularly Tucson news which may affect us or national and international news from a Christian perspective

Quotes of Note: some of my favorite (and often challenging!) quotations by worthy authors

Resources: recommendations of web sites, catalogs, and other sources which will help Dove Mountaineers in their spiritual growth.

Finally, I am happy to keep posting items which I think other Dove Mountaineers might be interested in almost indefinitely. (I don't usually run out of ideas, just time). But should someone else "get the bug," and are not wanting to start your own blog, you are welcome to forward articles to me by e mail and I'll post them for you. I will indicate these were not written by me with a byline at the top of the posting, and the label "Guest submission" at the bottom.

Happy Lord's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment