Monday, July 20, 2009

All the stories....


As Pastor Allen preached on the Body of Christ at Dove Mountain yesterday, I couldn't help looking around and thinking about what a striking glimpse of heaven's harmony and diversity is depicted in our little family of God at Dove Mountain. In that one room I saw multiple generations of the same family, large families and singles, extended families and geographically isolated families. I saw vocational gifts ranging from professors to students, doctors to accountants, missionaries to homemakers. I saw those who work with ideas, with nature, with tools, with people. I saw believers young in Christ, as well as believers with longevity-induced wisdom. I saw the settled and the unsettled, those growing and those who prune, those who hunger and those who feed.

I want to tell some of their stories, to the glory of God. I believe these stories will inspire us all and make us a stronger body. I also want to interpret what I hear the Spirit saying to the church...through the Holy Word, through Pastor Allen, through the testmony of creation, and through the times we live in. Welcome, Dove Mountaineers, future Dove Mountaineers, and cousins in other parts of the Body of Christ!

1 comment: