Friday, May 6, 2011

Honor where honor is due


Today I honor David Schexnayder (who honors his French ancestry) who single-handedly argued off a table of six skeptics regarding French military ineptitude at Wednesday's New Barleymen Choir Practice. 

David "schooled" us in the accomplishments of the French in erecting the Maginot Line (an aspect of WWII I had not concentrated on since my dad was in the Italian Campaign).  He then pointed out that it was actually the Belgians (see "weak fortifications" above) who let the German army into France, an event which spawned the noble efforts of the French Resistance (which he also extolled before us).  Touche, David.  Vive la France!

1 comment:

  1. Heeeeeey! Viva La France!
    I will match grace for grace (despite my French heritage) and give a link to the funniest French joke I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AksKtVrLmu0

    ReplyDelete