Thursday, November 25, 2010

Time to give thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!

During these days when many are asking themselves if there is, in fact, any distinctive identity in being a Dove Mountaineer - worth the new sacrifices that many of us are having to make - I can tell you one example of why I am thankful to be a Dove Mountaineer.  A chance remark to a fellow Dove Mountaineer while standing in the serving line at the Love and Joy Cafe on Sunday about the fact that Linda is visiting our grandchildren in Colorado this week led to a phone call that afternoon from a different Dove Mountaineer inviting my son and me to their Thanksgiving table today.  I don't know that this sensitive generosity would happen just anywhere.  I am so thankful to be a Dove Mountaineer!

No comments:

Post a Comment