Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saluting Maddy!



Congratulations to our own Maddy Cooney, younger daughter of Pastor Allen and Mrs. Huntley Cooney, who has been selected for participation in the Air Force Academy's Summer Seminar in June. The Academy calls this seminar "a unique opportunity for high school juniors going into their senior year to see a realistic picture of what cadet life is about."

When asked why she chose to apply for this program, Maddy said, "I am going to AFA's SS (Air Force Academy's Summer Seminar) because I think I want to attend the Academy. This will help me to determine if the Academy is the right place for me to be. I want to go to the Air Force Academy because I want to fight for and protect the people and ideals of America. The Academy will challenge me physically, academically, emotionally, and spiritually and making me into the best person I can be; ready to fight for the country and for God."

Maddy then added, "I would rather drop bombs on the enemy than shoot at them." She then suggested my title for this blog could be "Death from Above." I think that was influenced by her dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment