Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Good Report


Proverbs 15:30
The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.


Perhaps some of you are like me; I thought I was so careful about which attachments I opened that my computer would never get a virus. But it did.

After asking several knowledgeable friends about what to do (and receiving some scary answers), I finally, in desperation, googled (on my other computer) "Tucson virus help" and several web sites came up. I called the top one, left a message and a few minutes later got a call back from the owner himself. When he heard how desperate I was, he said, "Normally I don't make the house calls any more (he has several employees), but I hate to lose business, so I'll come myself."

Not only was his hourly rate cheaper than the other one I had priced (by $26!), but he knew his stuff. Within seconds of sitting down at my laptop he could tell me all about the problem and was solving it. At no additional charge he took off the antivirus program that had come with my computer, installed a better one, and was out in less than an hour.

While he worked we chatted pleasantly about his adventure of starting a business from scratch two years ago. He moved here from New York to attend U of A, and has stayed. His business has done well and he hopes to expand to other cities. After asking me about my work and life, he asked (unprompted) "What church do you go to?" I told him a little about Dove Mountain, and he mentioned a ministry called "If My People," which is a new client of his. While it appears that he may not be a churchgoer himself, he was congenially curious and delightful to talk to.

We talked a lot about networking and advertising, and I mentioned the wisdom I learned many years ago from Proverbs 15:30 (above), about the power of good report. I promised him that because of his good work for me, I would give a good report about him. If you ever know anyone who has the virus problem, call Geeks-2-You at 520-829-3426 or contact Marc Enzor at marc@geeks2you.net.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great report, Tom! I found this by googling my company name and came across this. You have made my night by such high praise! I really appreciate it when people refer me and write great reviews. Thanks so much and God bless!

    Sincerely,

    Marc Enzor
    Geeks 2 You
    520-829-3426

    ReplyDelete